Our contribution to reducing our carbon footprint and environmental impact includes:
- 15 and 7.5 tonne hybrid vehicles
- Urban fuel articulated vehicles
- Dual fuel articulated vehicles
- Stop/start technology and auto idle shutdown
- Active aero body styling
- Active warehouse lighting
- Long length and double deck trailers
- Euro 5 and 6 specification fleet
- Commercial vehicles limited to 52 mph
- Food waste used in anaerobic digestion
We are committed to investing in environmentally friendly technologies and processes for commercial as well as legislative reasons. There are savings to be made by improving fuel efficiency and introducing greener approaches and equipment. We review, test and invest to benefit our customers, enhance our reputation and minimise our environmental impact.
We place strong emphasis on site recycling, bringing back packaging from delivery drops to recycle on our premises using industrial balers. We put in place and meet stringent targets. One ongoing objective is to reduce our carbon footprint by 2% year on year.