Transport Planner required.
We have an exciting opportunity for anyone looking for a career in our transport department, have you ever wondered how we achieved getting 1000 deliveries around all areas of the UK each day, would you like to learn how and be part of our Transport team?
Purpose of the role:
To plan and organise deliveries to meet customer booking times, maintaining the most cost-efficient method to achieve a high customer service level to the client and delivery point, to communicate efficiently and swiftly working as a team member within the transport department, whilst also maintaining a professional relationship with customer service / warehouse and drivers.
• Booking deliveries to be achieved within drivers working hours.
• Briefing of planned driver for start times and planned run.
• Priority load accuracy planning.
• Postcodes for Planning as required.
• Resolve driver crisis delivery issues.
• De-briefing drivers.
• Vehicle and driver resource availability.
• Follow driver accidents and incident reporting procedure.
• Achieving personal KPI’s and teams KPI’s.
• A good team player
• Excellent IT skills and be proficient in the use of Excel and Word
• Great communication skills, this will include the use of the phones and emails.
• Educated to GCSE Standard or above.
• Calm, organised individual, able to work under pressure.
• Knowledge of Mandata TMS is preferable but not essential.
• Experience in Planning, multi drop deliveries.
• Knowledge of driver’s regulations for planning of hour etc.
We review every application and if you have not been contacted with in ten days, this indicates on this occasion you have been unsuccessful but we wish you well with your job search.
Please no agencies to contact us with regards to this position.