Transport Planner required
We have an exciting opportunity for anyone looking for a career in our transport department, have you ever wondered how we achieved all our deliveries around the UK each day.
Do you have Transport planning experience, if you do come and be part of our Transport team?
Purpose of the role:
To plan and organise deliveries to meet customer booking times, maintaining the most cost-efficient method and maintaining a high customer service level to the client and delivery point, to communicate efficiently and swiftly working as a team member within the transport department, whilst also maintaining a professional relationship with customer service / warehouse and drivers.
· Employed direct by the Company
· Full Time Permanent position after probation period.
· Immediate start.
· Extra 1 day’s holiday per year after 5 years’ service, up to a max of 5 extra days.
· Very competitive pay rates.
· Contributory pension.
· Full company branded uniform provided.
· Refer a Friend scheme of £500 (unlimited referrals)
· PAYE earnings meet all income criteria for mortgages and loans.
· Free onsite parking
· Priority load accuracy planning.
· Postcodes for Planning as required.
· Booking deliveries to be achieved within drivers working hours.
· Briefing of planned driver for start times and planned run.
· Resolve driver crisis delivery issues.
· De-briefing drivers.
· Vehicle and driver resource availability.
· Follow driver accidents an incident reporting procedure.
· Weekend Planning.
· A good team player
· Excellent IT skills and be proficient in the use of Excel and Word
· Great communication skills
· Educated to GCSE Standard or above
· Calm, organised individual, able to work under pressure