To support the Workshop Manager, Foreman and Administrator Controller in efficient organisation of the day-to-day duties of the office, using our Garage database.
Organising the workload, booking in jobs, answering the phone, ordering parts and making phone calls.
There will be a requirement to cover holidays or other days throughout the year. Must be professional, have good communication skills. You will have the ability to work on your own without direction whilst retaining the ability to work well within the broader team. You must be competent using a computer and a knowledge of the car industry (ordering parts, quoting jobs) would be extremely advantageous.
- Employed direct by the Company
- Full Time Permanent position after probation period
- Immediate start.
- Extra 1 day’s holiday per year after 5 years’ service, up to a max of 5 extra days.
- Very competitive pay rates.
- Contributory pension.
- Full company branded uniform provided.
- Refer a Friend scheme of £500 (unlimited referrals)
- PAYE earnings meet all income criteria for mortgages and loans.
- Free onsite parking
- Excellent verbal and communication skills, Computer knowledge and knowledge of vehicles.
- The ability to communicate and interact well with Suppliers and colleagues (Verbal & Written) to maintain good business relationships.
- Coordinate and communicate with internal departments such as transport and accounts.
- Perform general administrative duties to ensure the smooth flow of work within the workshop department, including phone calls and emails.
- To assess and resolve enquiries, requests of daily maintenance of vehicles at the first point of contact, unless specialist knowledge or further investigation is required.
- Maintain shared databases and the Transport Management system to ensure relevant information is available to all.
- Carry out other reasonable requests and activities associated with successful running of the department, including but not limited to accepting delivery of vehicle parts and allocated them to vehicle technician and vehicle.
- Processing vehicle documentation
- Booking in of MOT’s and processing payments
- Inputting costs and invoices onto the system
- Preparing reports
- Updating stock lists
- Previous fleet administrator experience would be an advantage
- Numerate with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Can do attitude to solve problems and address solutions for both the transport department and the business.
- Excellent IT skills, including the use of Microsoft Office packages.
- Ability to remain calm and professional.