All roads lead from Lenham
We operate a specialised food-grade distribution network with a daily nationwide service to:
- major multiples
- cash and carry outlets
- food service outlets
- independent outlets
- high street retailers and restaurants
- farm shops
- garden centres
Our service can extend beyond the pavement: we deliver by hand through the front door into shops, restaurants and hotels where there is no separate goods inward entrance.
We don’t use pallet networks. This cuts out double handling, reduces the risk of damage and guarantees our accountability for your delivery because we have full end-to-end ownership. It also means we can ensure that all goods carried are fully compatible.
We operate as standard a booked in and timed delivery service with no surcharges, and pride ourselves on an excellent track record of meeting On Time In Full (OTIF) targets.
Big, small...and everything in between
We are proud of our modern fleet, which is:
- Controlled by powerful Mandata transport management software
- 260+ vehicles and trailers
- Vehicle capacity ranges from 3.5 tonne vans to 44 tonne artics, with 7.5 tonne, 13 tonne and 18 tonne rigids in between
- We deliver between 9,000+ pallets and 11,000+ pallets per week. Rigid vehicles have tail lifts, sack and pallet trucks.
Almost every vehicle is compliant with the recommended Euro 6 emission standards and we invest constantly in reducing the environmental impact of our fleet.
Your messages. Our lorries
We are pleased to carry your branding or advertising on our fleet. There’s no rental charge: you simply provide your livery design and pay for its application. This offers a great marketing opportunity, with our vehicles travelling all over the UK and exposed to hundreds of thousands of consumer and commercial views each day.
Our uniformed drivers are trained to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times, on the road and while delivering, so you can be confident that your brand reputation is safe with us whenever it’s on show on our vehicles.
- Branded vehicles
- Advertising livery
- Nationwide exposure
All the proof you need
- Proofs of delivery (PODs) are scanned in daily and available to view and print online through our central systems. We hold copies and administer an archiving system centrally, for full accountability.
- Scanned POD’s are uploadable to compatible systems
- Scanned POD’s can be e-mailed daily
We’ve got all the bases covered
We work with the three main pallet rental providers:
- CHEP (Blues)
- IPP (Browns)
- LPR (Reds)
Our dedicated pallet management team can manage pallets on your behalf, controlling, tracking and reconciling pallet movements with you and the pallet supplier. This cuts out a large burden of administration for smaller organisations and ensures an effective and efficient process for larger customers who have their own pallet management function. Because we’re experienced in and focused on this discipline, we keep penalties for loss or damage to an absolute minimum.
Earn while you learn
How would you like to pick up a decent wage while receiving comprehensive training for a new job? At Lenham, we can help steer you to a successful HGV career, with full training by our in-house instructor.
- Gain your HGV Category C licence
- Dedicated learner vehicle
- Full training by our NRI Registered Instructor
- Full pay throughout training
- Enhanced rate of pay on passing practical test
- Conditions apply, including minimum employment period
For more details about our Driver Training programme click here